Blue Ocean Society's Whale Sightings

Greetings! Thanks for visiting our blog. Our staff and interns will be posting their experiences here working on whale watch boats in NH and MA.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Flask Saturday July 12, 2008

On Saturday aboard the Atlantic Queen, I finally saw one of my favorite humpback whales "Flask". He did many high flukes showing us his unmistakable tail, we also had several other blows in the area. At one point when a juenile had gone down for a dive, I advised our passengers to always be looking all around the boat as whales can change direction quite quickly and pop up close by. I was looking all around myself having the feeling this whale was going to surface close......minutes later that's exactly what this whale did, coming up on our port side, out of no where! Those passengers and myself had a nice close encounter with the whale and his warm and very fishy breathe!
Passengers where thrilled and amazed, a great crowd of whale lovers on board today!

Patty Adell
Program Coordinator/Naturalist Atlantic Queen II

No comments: