Blue Ocean Society's Whale Sightings

Greetings! Thanks for visiting our blog. Our staff and interns will be posting their experiences here working on whale watch boats in NH and MA.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Thursday September 1, 2011 Atlantic Queen

Another day spent with minke whales in The Gulf of Maine. Lately these smaller baleen whales have been around very close to shore and being very cooperative, they don't always do this. As I spoke to our passengers most asked where are the humpbacks, I want to see humpbacks, it makes me kind of sad to think most folks only think of one type of whale. I really like Minke whales and I think they need the attention and respect the other big whales get. Folks today got some wonderful looks as they stayed right next to us just gracefully swimming along. I hope everyone learned more about the Minke's today especially since other countries are still hunting these little giants.


No comments: