Blue Ocean Society's Whale Sightings

Greetings! Thanks for visiting our blog. Our staff and interns will be posting their experiences here working on whale watch boats in NH and MA.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Atlantic Queen Thursday

Keep in touch!Become a Fan on Facebook Follow Us On Twitter
As my colleague Dianne mentioned it was a strange weather day. In Rye Harbor we were bundled up in layers, and as we headed out it became warmer and warmer, by the time we saw our first whale we were all taking off our layers of t-shirts and sweatshirts. We had a report of a Northern Right Whale in the area and we began our search. Hearing some loud voices from below I knew our passengers had seen something spectacular! They were right!! A Northern Right Whale breaching in front of us! It breached about 7-8 times. Northern Right Whales and Soouthern Right Whales are critically endangered. I was thrilled to see this whale, looking healthy and swimming freely in The Gulf of Maine. What our passengers witnessed today was something I and they may never see again in there life time. I wil never forget my experience today and I hope our passengers will keep this memory forever.

No comments: