Blue Ocean Society's Whale Sightings

Greetings! Thanks for visiting our blog. Our staff and interns will be posting their experiences here working on whale watch boats in NH and MA.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Calm seas,great sightings on the Atlantic Queen

Ok so we all know about the upcoming "hurricanes" they are predicting for the end of the week, but I must say the water has never been calmer, no other boats in sight and wonderful sightings. If I can give a bit of advice as you head out for a day on the water look on line for a marine forecast, I think you will find it very interesting and you may learn alot about the differences on land and at sea. I guess I feel bad folks are missing out on the fascinating animals covering the ledge, granted we may not get out toward the end of the week but rest assured we do not whale watch in big seas. Well I had another great day on the water! We had Minke's, Harbor Porpoise, Atlantic Blue Fin Tuna, diving Gannets, and seals. For the second day in a row we had a humpback named "Mogul" who was born in 1986, yesterday and today were the first times I have seen this whale, a very large whale I may add! After Labor Day we will run weekends until Columbus Day, check your marine forecast and come out to see us and some fantastic marine life.

No comments: